Sarson Ka Saag Recipe is a traditional recipe made with spinach and mustard leaves. Sarson Ka Saag Recipe is a spicy Punjabi curry. Sarson Ka Saag easily available in winters and made in winters by using spinach leaves or radish leaves. To get the perfect taste in Sarson Ka Saag Recipe you need to be some patience because Sarson Ka Saag Recipe preparation time is time-consuming. Clean the all leaves, and make sure you immediately drain and transfer them to cold water, so that on the color of the vegetables do not lose out. Sarson Ka Saag Recipe have a unique flavor and have health promotional and disease prevention properties.
Ingredients for Sarson ka Saag Recipe:
For Sarson ka Saag
Oil (1 tbsp)
Washed and chopped mustard leaves (5 cups (1.18 liters))
Washed and chopped spinach (5 cups (1.18 liters))
roughly chopped green chilies (1 ½ tbsp)
Chopped onions (½ cup)
Chopped garlic (1 tbsp)
Chopped ginger (1 tbs)
Turmeric powder (½ tsp)
Chili powder (1 tsp)
Salt to taste
Asafoetida (¼ tsp)
Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
Coriander seeds (1 tsp)
Preparation for Sarson ka Saag Recipe:
- To make Sarson ka Saag Recipe, firstly boil water in a pan, add spinach, mustard leaves and greens chilies, mix well and cook on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- By using a strainer strain and drain well.
- Immediately refresh it in cold water and again drain it well and rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now take a mixer and blend it in mixer by using ½ cup of water.
- Now add the oil in a kadhai and heat then add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds starting crackle then add ginger, garlic, and asafoetida and cook it for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- Now add the onions and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander, salt, and the mixture of spinach and mustard leaves. Now mix it very well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
I hope you liked it, thanks for sharing!